Increasing Revenue, Great Margins, Excellent Growth Potential
- The Company is a cGMP analytical testing and research laboratory, providing a comprehensive range of laboratory services to small and medium-sized companies in the Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, and Nutraceutical industries for the past 40 years.
- Over the past five years, the management thoroughly modernized the laboratory with new equipment, significant facility improvements, and a wholly revamped LIS system. Moreover, they have provided staff members with additional training, cross-trained team members, and created efficient and lean workflow processes.
- The Lab has produced very stable revenues over the past several years (around $1.5M), including during the pandemic, and always remained very profitable with high EBITDA margins of about 25-30%. With its modern equipment and well-trained and motivated staff, the Lab is now ready to go to the next level.
- The Lab has done very little marketing to date other than recently getting a new website. It has no formal marketing program or a formal sales or marketing person. Having a formal sales process and attending conferences could help bring new clients. Expanding the services would also help. Providing microbiology testing could help it become a one-stop shop. Although the Lab can serve cosmetics and nutraceutical companies, they are currently mainly serving pharmaceutical companies only. Outreach to other markets can also grow its business substantially.
- The Lab recently acquired a large international client with over $15B in revenue. This client is bringing all of its global testing of one product line to the Lab, which can generate additional revenue of about $200K next year. It has several product lines, so there is a good chance for more business from this new client in the future. Another mid-size client has newly merged with another pharma company, and there are signs that they may bring significant business to the laboratory over time. They both visited and audited the laboratory extensively in the first quarter of 2022, and the laboratory passed the audits with flying colors.
- Revenue: $1.55M (2021); $1.7M (2022 – proj)
- Adjusted EBITDA: $399K (2021); $454K (2022 – proj)
- New Investments: $850K
- Asking Price: $2.3M (debt-free)
The lab is looking for a strategic buyer who can help grow the business. Please respond with your company email address and some background about yourself and your company if interested.
SOLD: Tech-2521: Consistently Profitable cGMP Pharma, Cosmetics Testing Lab in North East2022-05-162023-04-18https://www.laboratoryforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mesa-de-trabajo-19-8.pngLaboratory Marketplace - Buy, Sell, Partnerhttps://www.laboratoryforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/c4.jpg200px200px